Anales de la Facultad de Medicina
versión impresa ISSN 1025-5583
On September 6, 1903, the main building of the current Faculty of Medicine of San Marcos University was inaugurated with its frontispiece facing Grau Avenue and next to Limas Botanical Garden. This new building replaced the old one located at Santa Anas Square, then Italias Square and now Raimondis Square, in Cercado de Lima suburb, where the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of San Fermando functioned since 1808 and later the Faculty of Medicine of Lima since 1856. The decision to create this new building was due to President Pierolas rule in 1897, the work was started in 1899 and inaugurated by President Romaña.
Palabras llave : History of medicine, Peru; schools, medical; educations, medical, Peru; academic buildings.